Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 9: EOC My Domain Website


At first when I started working on this project I felt very lost and didn’t know where to begin, but after I was pointed in the right direction, I found that using Weebly.com to make a website to be very easy to use.  The interface was structured very well and I didn’t have a lot of trouble trying to find the things that I was looking for to make the website.  I did like how they had things like the contact box already made so all one had to do was drag it into place on the webpage and it worked which made it extremely easy on the users part.  Another thing that I liked was how you could put a button which would prompt a call to action and that could be placed anywhere that you wanted in the columns of text if you chose to do so, this was one space saving feature that was helpful to users.  The only thing I wish I had figured out sooner was how to edit the image on the header, but once I had that figured out it was really easy to change to something that you wanted to fit more appropriately to your website.  One thing that I didn’t like was the fact that when you put up a contact form it would span the entire width of the website and I couldn’t figure out a way to trim it down so that makes a lot of wasted space on a website.  Also I was hoping that you fill up the text boxes with filler text like what you can use in Adobe InDesign but that didn’t seem to be the case unless I was doing it wrong.  I did notice that they had several themes to pick from to make your website to be more fitting for what you are trying to use it for as well 

No comments:

Post a Comment